The Last Resort
Animal Rescue  \

Click here to edit subtitle

Chance 11/29/10

« Back to Album Photo 1 of 6 Previous | Next
Hey Peeps, As you may remember I sent out a plea a week or so ago trying to get one of our kids home from a place we adopted him out to in Scott Township PA near Wilkes Barre.. we are now concerned about his safety based on emails I'm getting from the folks that adopted him.. saying that her husband is upset and something needs to be done.. ect ect.. while we have an option to get him home on the 5th (waiting to hear from two folks) or no later then the 18th with the lady who took him.. we want to get him out on the current environment to ensure he is safe until transporters pick him up... You may be asking how did we find ourselves in this situation to begin with.. well.. I'm not sure.. we did our due diligence.. vet references, personal references and pics of them and current animals and home as well as many phone calls discussing him to them and getting to know them.. all seems wonderful this system has worked great for many years.. until now! We will never adopt so far away again.. The first sign of a problem came when we spoke after they got him and she said he was scratching alot.. now he has been in our program for 3 months in foster care with other dogs.. he had a health certificate performed the day he left on transport with no issues at all he never had any signs of scratching or anything.. the transporter stated he slept and played with toys the whole way up.. the new owner claimed the moment he got in her car he started scratching... a few days went by we had her take him to the vet.. they did not see anything on a scraping but to be safe treated for mange.. sarcoptic mange.. he has been through two of three treatments and is safe for travel and not contagious.. none of the dogs he has lived with showed any signs of skin condition what so ever.. her dogs have not with.. I am not convinced that is what it was neither is our vet here.. but the end result is .. the wife said the husband was not bonding with the dog and they did not want him and are now upset that it's taking so long to get him out of there.. keeping in mind he was not given the go ahead to travel until the 26th when he got his second dose.. We are fearful based on recent emails that they will do something with him to get him out of the home.. they are upset that it's taking until the 5th or possibly the 18th.. he is a GREAT dog they say so themselves.. they are just frustrated with having him when they decided he was not for them ..he a St. Bernard X 6 months old.. very very submissive and sweet.. no issues at all.. gets along with everything and everybody.. one of the volunteers who initially wanted him is going to be adopting him.. she had to put her beloved dog down two weeks ago.. due to cancer.. after many heroic efforts to save him.. she is a vet student in school in Raleigh.. she adopted her first dog (the one that had to be put down) from us years ago.. and she is desperate to get Chance.. she was willing to drive up to get him today.. I called them last night and begged them to just drive 2 hours to meet her.. they would not! His day off and she is to afraid to drive past an hour.. we have tried several other options of meeting for tomorrow they were only giving her to 1:30 in the day to meet them one hour away and after that they could not meet her.. even though she was willing to drive 9 hours.. they always have an excuse as to why they can not assist in any way of getting him to our transporters.. they want us to basically come to their front door. If you know of anyone that is good that can hold on to him until transport please contact me ASAP.. we just want to make sure he is safe until he gets back to us... he will go back to the foster family that had him for a couple of days to evaluate him and ensure he is truly OK and then Emliea will get him and begin their new lives together.. Anything you can do put us with someone who may can help would be great.. Hoping all is doing well and Happy Holidays!!!(( Mona Executive Director Stokes County Humane Society
Posted by The Last Resort on December 3, 2010 Full Size| Slideshow

Post a Comment


Oops, you forgot something.


The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

Already a member? Sign In